Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• Archttila

veterán

LOGOUT blog

Közben válaszolt a WD support a nyitott bag-re íme:

Hi, I checked with our production team and this is expected. Your drive is one of several hundred drives of the first lot under the new Berryboot Edition SKU. These are factory-new drives, not used/refurbished. The normal process for our 1TB PiDrive includes routing them from our Asia factory through our pilot line in the US for secondary processing and re-bagging. The secondary processing is done because this platform is shared with other 1TB mainstream WD products. In the case of this lead lot of Berryboot Edition, we were pushing hard to make sure inventory was positioned in time for launch (in parallel with many other products) and instructed production to omit the bag sealing step. Bag sealing is normal process for disk drives as an extra measure to manage humidity under long-term storage (particularly in the high-humudity regions of Asia, where HDD factories and many computer integrator's factories are). All 1TB PiDrives, including this lead lot, are received in CA sealed from the factory. For the secondary processing, we un-bag the drives and re-bag using a new bag. The drives are then routed to our two distribution centers (CA and Amsterdam), then shipped direct-to-customer, so are not subject to long-term exposure to high humidity and sealing is not needed. In fact, our products pre-assembled into enclosures (such as the PiDrive Compute Centre) follow the same routing and are not sealed. Your drive is 100% factory-fresh and went through all normal processes and testing, except final sealing in CA. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Oops- slight correction to my note above: currently the PiDrive Compute Centre is being offered as a kit (without HDD pre-installed). Our Nextcloud box (nextcloud.com/box) is an example of a product with HDD pre-installed (i.e. not shipped in a sealed bag). Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks.

Ha valaki nagy unalmában lefordítaná nekem azt nagyon megköszönném! :R :R

Passionate about minimalistic software, the Linux philosophy, and having fun. SFF enthusiast.

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák