Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• radi8tor

MODERÁTOR

Bruce Van Deventer
    Four ASI6200mm cameras used for a research project. Custom direct drive mount. Each pair of RASA 11s has one moveable and one fixed unit, and one pair also tilts in RA via pneumatic actuation, so all four can either point at the same object or they can be arranged in survey mode.
    Video of it moving about is here: https://youtu.be/pU4qFoup4Hw

This is being used for detecting Near Earth Orbiting Asteroids using synthetic tracking. In synthetic tracking, they take 100 subs each five seconds long, with each telescope, then move to a new patch of sky, repeat, and move and repeat, being sure to go back to each patch of sky at least twice in the night. The sets of 100 images (they call it a data cube) is run into a big GPU server which takes each sub, offsets it slightly from the next, and then sums the stack. The SW then looks for a point of light; the stars will be smeared out in streaks. The point of light will be where there is an asteroid moving across the sky in the trial direction and speed. It then re-stacks again, with a different offset and angle. In the picture below I have manually imaged NEO asteroid 2020 HW1 which was moving at four arc seconds per minute and was 20th magnitude, but I knew in advance the angle and speed, so I stacked 10 30 second images, so on each image the streak length is only 2 arc seconds. The SW does this blindly. They produce about a terabyte of data each night.

[ Szerkesztve ]

⭐ Stella

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák