Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• krealon

veterán

válasz borix #1825 üzenetére

Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)

"Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) extends Intel's Virtualization Technology (VT) roadmap by providing hardware assists for virtualization solution. VT-d continues from the existing support for IA-32 (VT-x) and Itanium® processor (VT-i) virtualization adding new support for I/O-device virtualization.

Intel VT-d can help end users improve security and reliability of the systems and also improve performance of I/O devices in virtualized environment. These inherently helps IT managers reduce the overall total cost of ownership by reducing potential down time and increasing productive throughput by better utilization of the data center resources. "

Understanding VT-d

"VT-d, at the time of this writing, includes four key capabilities

1. I/O device assignment. This feature allows an administrator to assign I/O devices to VMs in any desired configuration.

2. DMA remapping. Supports address translations for device DMA data transfers.

3. Interrupt remapping. Provides VM routing and isolation of device interrupts.

4. Reliability features. Reports and records system software DMA and interrupt erros that may otherwise corrupt memory of impact VM isolation."

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák