Keresés

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• Pxs

aktív tag

Üdv,

valaki tudna segíteni ? Egy félig döglött X31 (IBM/Lenovo) vasról van szó.
    Thinkpadforums-ra felraktam előbb a történetét, még nem jött válasz, felteszem ide is (egyelőre angolul, mert sietnem kell el). Előre is köszi, aki segít.

"Hi fellow forum members,

I'd just bought a used X31 a few days ago. I was told before the deal that it sometimes does
    BSODs, but I didn't care much and took that as an easy-to fix OS problem. System is Windows
    XP SP3 (XPForever Edition).

Alas, I may have been very wrong.

Symptoms:

-notebook is very hard to turn on (that is, sometimes I have to remove all power sources,
    including battery and AC several times, before I can get a boot logo instead of blank
    screen).
    -rarely, during the blank screen it gives 4-4-4-4 beeps
    -it has 2x256 MB DDR memory modules (Elpida, Infineon, both original IBM FRUs)
    -battery is operational, it's good for about an 45-60 minutes (when the notebook works OK,
    that is)

Random BSODs everywhere (sometimes right at the Windows boot, sometimes out of the blue
    during work...rarely it goes for hours without one). BSOD labels I've got so far (I don't
    know their error codes by now):

CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION
    KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    PFN LIST CORRUPT
    MEMORY MANAGEMENT
    PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

Boot-time system errors (before trying to boot Windows):

-invalid date/time (remark: I've disconnected the CMOS battery, but it did the same when it
    was in)
    -invalid CMOS settings
    -Resource Conflict – Allocation error static node # 02

What I've tried so far:

-Booting into a live Linux USB (SlitaZ). That worked quite good, with two exceptions (one
    freeze at the Linux boot menu and another freeze with distorted graphics while working).
    -disconnecting the CMOS battery
    -removing both memory modules at the same time (it gave the 1-3-1 beep, which I guess is OK)
    -removing only one memory module at a time
    -and because I heard about some security chip that on a daugterboard can be loose: taking the
    whole poor thing apart (didn't succeed in getting to that chip, so I put it together again)

What the heck could this be ?
    I'm pretty desperate by now, as I saved up my last money to get this, so I can do online
    freelance work when away from home. What else could I try to avoid putting this thing back
    for sale ? :(

(Also, another, but less significant question: some of the keys (in the middle of the
    keyboard) have the famous nice ThinkPad quality feel when typing. But the Enter, Space, Caps
    Lock, Tab, Left Shift and cursor keys are horrible noisy and hard. What can be done to get it better ? It may be that when I took it apart before, the keyboard didn't fit in right back...)

Many thanks in advance for anyone, who gives useable answers !

Gabriel"

'The key to success is just that - standing up one time more than falling.' Regisztrált: 2005-09-29 21:12 - fanatikus tag

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák