Új hozzászólás Aktív témák

• S_x96x_S

őstag

válasz Cathulhu #5262 üzenetére

> de a v-cache-t is a TSMC fogja gyartani?

igen ; spéci TSMC 7nm -es integráció - TSMC's CoW (Chip-on-Wafer)

Anandtech:"The TSV interface is a direct die-to-die copper interconnect, meaning that AMD is using TSMC’s Chip-on-Wafer technology. " [link]
    -->
    https://www.tsmc.com/english/dedicatedFoundry/technology/platform_HPC_tech_WLSI

> Az nem mehet 12 nanon a GF-nel?

minden lehetséges, de szerintem nem éri meg.
    ráadásul úgy, hogy még az idén meg is jelenjen a közös integráció ..

és extrém bonyolult lenne.
    egyben kellene látnia és kezelnie a rendszernek
    a TSMC-s 7nm -es belső L3Cache -t a GF12nm-es ráépülő L3Cache-el.
    Mégha együtt is tudna müküdni, még a sebességnek is hasonlónak kell lennie. Ráadásul több pontos - függőleges integrációval
    és hogy ez müködjön a két cég mérnökeinek nagyon együtt is kellene dolgoznia, gyártási titkokat kellene megosztani, ...
    és ha nem müködik, ki a felelős?
    Most a TSMC felel érte .. Ha az AMD erösködik, hogy legyen benne a GF is a buliban .. akkor az AMD lesz a felelős .. a TSMC és a GF egymásra mutogat majd ..
    sőt szerintem a TSMC akarja a jövőben az I/O Die-t is gyártani N6-on!
    "Zen 4 chips are stated to feature two Zen 4 CCD's based on the TSMC N5 process node and a CIOD (I/O die) based on the TSMC N7 process node however the latest reports suggest that the I/O die has been moved to a 6 nm process node." [link]

ráadásul most úgy tünik, hogy a GloFO eléggé
    elhanyagolta a fejlesztéseket.
    friss hír: Az IBM már perelni akarja.
    "WHY IBM IS SUING GLOBALFOUNDRIES OVER CHIP ROADMAP FAILURES"
    https://www.nextplatform.com/2021/06/10/why-ibm-is-suing-globalfoundries-over-chip-roadmap-failures/

amúgy a cikkben van egy AMD - GF spekuláció is.

"What we don’t know is if AMD decided to jump over 10 nanometer processes to 7 nanometer processes to get an edge on Intel or if it really had no choice to do so because GlobalFoundries was pulling the plug to focus on its dual-prong 7 nanometer effort. We think AMD was hit by the same 10 nanometer surprise that IBM was, but AMD never said anything about that and put the best spin on it. Much as IBM did with the difficulties that GlobalFoundries apparently had bringing 14 nanometer processes and IBM never said much at all about 10 nanometer issues. AMD, of course, used 14 nanometer processes from GlobalFoundries for its first generation “Naples” Epyc 7001 chips and still uses 14 nanometer processes in the I/O and memory hub at the heart of the Rome and Milan server processor packages. The Rome and Milan cores are etched by TSMC in 7 nanometers, and Infinity Fabric links hook hub and the cores together in a single package."

[ Szerkesztve ]

Mottó: "A verseny jó!"

Új hozzászólás Aktív témák